Thursday, June 25, 2009

Timeri's tooth

It all began a few years ago, when Timeri stood in the stroller and faced me and the weight of her standing made the stroller flip over. She chipped her tooth. Last summer, I noticed this white pimple/canker sore looking thing on her gum. I could pop it and it would return the following month. I kept thinking it was a canker sore. My girlfriend Gretchen, who was a dental hygienist informed me it was an abscess. I was shocked. We went to the dentist and received antibiotics. I thought it had improved. Over the past week she started complaining about it. And noticed the swelling above her tooth. The infection had returned and was hurting her this time. I took her back to the dentist... this is now 6 months past her original visit and about 2 years after the original fall.

It was time to pull her tooth. She was thoroughly excited to have it done. She couldn't wait for the tooth fairy to visit her.Here she is smelling her strawberry nose. And after the procedure. She was all smiles. She did GREAT ! While we were there Slater got his teeth cleaned as well.

xxx