Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our First Summer Adventure

Summer is here ! We took the kids on our first adventure. We drove up Ortega Highway and found a side rode and parked. We went for a hike. The boys brought their bb guns and air soft guns. We hiked back a little ways and I was becoming a little claustrophobic, thinking a mountain lion was watching us. I was becoming very uncomfortable. We finally turned back. We found an open part of the path and we built a shooting gallery for the boys. Broken pieces of bottles, an orange, an old can, a white stick.... and strangely enough I found a coconut in a bush. I thought is was funny when I found it, because I shouted I found the perfect target. Everyone looked to see what it was. I kept it hidden behind my back and slowly pulled it out an said "A Coconut!" The look on Erin's face was priceless, kinda how I felt when I found it. It was still full of milk too. Our day ended there when a red ant climbed up under Slater's pants and bit him on the leg. He screamed and screamed and screamed.... we finally packed it up and left. On our way back down the curvy road the kids were really excited looking at Lake Elsinore. They kept saying it was the ocean and they wanted to go on Papa's boat. Slater recovered from his ant bite and was begging to go see the lake. We found an area to park and our adventure for the day continued. They played in the water and skipped rocks into the water. Caden was doing the normal scavenger hunt for different items along the shore. It ended up being a great day ! It is just a warm up for our big adventure in the Sierra's.