Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jen's visit


My good friend Jen came to visit us from Colorado. We originally met when Caden was born and her son James was born, they were born 4 days apart. She lived right next door. Caden and James learned to do things together when they were babies. Over the years and after more kids, play dates and several trips to Wahoo's, Jen and I always stayed in touch. Two years ago she moved to Colorado. We have kept in touch via email and skype. For Jen's 30th birthday her husband paid for her flight out to California to come visit us. It was unfortunate that her kids were unable to come visit with her. Great mommy break for her! The strange thing was, as soon as I saw her, I actually felt like I just saw her last week. The kids loved playing with her and cuddling with her. She chased the older two around the house, while Slater grabbed into Ryker's clothes and ran up stairs an put Ryker's pants on. They thoroughly enjoyed her staying with us. They loved all the fun and excitement. We also had our traditional Wahoo's meal. At the end of the day they all wanted her to sleep with them. Jen and I hung out at night and talked and watched movies. The next day Erin came home and we all went to the gym and then it was time for me to take her to the airport. We went to In-n-out for her departing meal. (No In-n-out in CO) It was sad to say goodbye, but I know we will see each other soon. Thanks for visiting us Jen! Love you!!