Monday, December 8, 2008

Creatures in the car


Timeri fell in love with this frog at the park. She walked around with it for over an hour. She swang with it and she slid with it. It was time to leave and I told her she needed to leave it at the park. She begged to take it home and asked if she could let it go in our waterfall in the back yard. She made a big promise saying "I won't let it go in the car!" Why I ever believe a promise the kids make. It has been three days now that the frog has been missing in the car. Erin asked today, if I had started to smell it yet. Not yet. This isn't the first frog that has been lost in the car. The previous one, jumped out of the cage and jumped on Slater's lap while I was driving on the 15. He was screeching at the top of his lungs. I had to pull over to catch the darn thing. Good thing I am not afraid of frogs. There was another time, at the end of the school year last year, that Davin was so excited when I picked him up to show me had a sandwich bag full of black stink bugs. 5 to be exact. His teacher laughed, I thought "Oh great !" Well I had made plans to go swimming at a girlfriends house immediatley after school. We headed over there, swam, had a great time. When we were leaving, Davin ran to the car to check on his bugs. THEY ATE THROUGH THE ZIPLOC BAG!!! I then had 5 black stink bugs roaming in the car. I refused to drive the car. My girlfriend was laughing so hard. It was really funny, however the fear of one of those bugs jumping on me while driving, could possible cause a serious accident. I covered the seat and any gaps with a towel and drove home. I parked the car in the garage with all the doors left open. My dad had suggested a bug bomb. Thankfully, theY crawled out on their own and I never saw them again. Thank goodness !