Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

Christmas is here ! Waking up early on little sleep, isn't the same as it was in the younger years. The kids were so excited about everything, and wanting to play with everything on the NOW moment ! In my mind, I was dreaming of Starbucks. Erin and I were both a little overwhelmed with tending to every need of the kids, and then, them switching to the next thing. It finally settled down after awhile. My dad and brothers and their families arrived shortly after. The kids played outside on their new bikes for a little bit. Giselle brought out the yummiest tamales ever. I now understand why people gain a few pounds at the holiday time. From last night at Alisha and Shane's to today... it is serious grub on appetizers time. It is like once you start, you might as well eat it all ! It is all so yummy. After, we stuffed ourselves and then ate a turkey dinner... we brought out the Wii. Rock band is a blast !! We were all laughing really hard. I was quite amazed at everyones talent. My brothers and sister in laws rocked the house !! My dad did a pretty amazing job at playing the guitar and drums, no singing for him. The most memorable was when I was singing and my brother Mike, playing the drums, turned around to look at me like... who the heck is singing. It was a great time! I think when we were all singing, we thought we sounded good, but geez, hearing all the out of tune notes was a cause for extreme laughter. It was a great day! The day ended with us singing Happy Birthday to Jesus. I know deep inside we all had my mom our minds and in our hearts. The void is a silent sorrow, but a joyful celebration. I know she is missed dearly by ALL of us. She would have loved to see all of her silly kids today. And I know she would have loved to participate as well. I love my whole family. I love all and both of my families. I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.