Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Heart failure

It all started with me going to Caden's parent teacher conference. I left and Erin stayed at home with the kids. While at the conference, my cell phone kept ringing. I didn't want to be rude to the teacher so I just let it go to voicemail. Finally, on my way out, it rang again. I answered it and Erin asked me if I had Timeri with me. I told him no. And then he told me she was missing for 30 minutes. When I came down the street Erin and all the neighbors were out searching every where. Everyone was calling her name. The boys and some of their friends rode their bikes up and down the streets looking. My neighbor from a few blocks away was even on the hunt for Timeri. Erin stayed at home incase any one came back with her or a sighting. I drove frantically around our entire development, praying. That is the only thing I could do to keep the awful thoughts from entering my mind. I was thinking she possibly wondered off and got confused with the streets. I drove to the closest park, asking and searching. NOTHING ! I went back to the car and my nerves were on edge, I felt like my body was going to throw up my stomach. I just kept praying, and pleading that this was not the plan the Lord had for our daughter and our family. As I left the park, I thought I would be going back home and Erin and I would be calling the police. I drove down our street and there was Erin with Timeri in his arms. I know Erin was stressed too. He was dripping with sweat. Timeri was crying. He said he had found her hiding in the bush near our front door. The color of her shirt caught his eye. He asked her why she didn't say anything when everyone was shouting her name. She said she was just playing hide n seek. Erin and I were so upset with her but, overwelmed with happiness that we found her. Oh the wondeful joys of being a parent. I give praises to God that it was an innocent hide n seek and not the awful situations that crossed both of our minds.
 
Posted by Picasa