Friday, November 21, 2008

AWANA

Every Wednesday night we go to church. There is a service for the adults and the kids go to AWANA. AWANA stands for "Approved Workmen that Are Not Ashamed" 2 Timothy 2:15. It is a weekly club, or program that teaches the Bible to preschool through high school students. The goal of AWANA is that the students would come to know, love and serve Jesus Christ as Lord. There is an actual curriculum that the kids follow to learn and memorize bible verses. Once they memorize their first verse they are given a vest. From then on, as they memorize more they receive patches and jewels to put on their vest. I love all of it and I know one of the kids highlights during the week is going to AWANA. The cutest, well they are all cute with it, but its Slater. He knows his verses. He is my baby and I can't believe what he does. I wish I could call my mom to tell her how cute they all are with it. I know once we are together again, I will have tons to share with her.

 
Posted by Picasa