Friday, July 25, 2008

The Tioga Pass

This is a picture of the Tioga Pass form years ago. SCARY !!! Everyone in the family thinks its really funny when we drive this road and I end up scunched down in the seat holding my seat belt for dear life. The Tioga Pass is on the East side of the entrance to Yosimite. It is beautiful scenery, however there is a 8000 foot drop off on this two lane road. Also, there is no gaurd rail on the cliff side. And the random signs on the mountain side that warn you of boulders falling. Whenever we drive on this road, I develop some sort of phobia. I become scared out of my mind. The kids laugh and Erin will swerve the car... Just great !! We take this road to get to more isolated lakes hidden in the Sierras.
Well this year Erin puuled off into a turn out and wanted to look over the edge. I stayed back about 50 feet from the edge. All the what ifs... a sudden gust of wind, an earthquake, a boulder falling or car swerving could send anyone right over the edge. Well, Erin decided to stand on the wall. I kept telling him to get down. He put his arms out to the side... I was starting to yell and cry at him to get away from the edge.... I was begging him to get down.. the kids were all in the car crying because they saw me crying and weren't sure what their lunatic dad was going to do. Excuse the language but the smart ass jumped... I was screaming... I didn't know their was a 10 foot ledge on the otherside of the wall. He was laughing so hard... THIS WAS NOT FUNNY TO ME !! I'll get him back one day. . .





Veiw looking into the approach of the Tioga Pass.
Posted by Picasa