Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A memorial for Mom

On our last day, we headed down to the shore of Twin Lakes. We all were talking about my mom. Each one of us expressed how much she is missed. Caden and Davin started collecting sticks, pine cones and driftwood... all things my mom had collected with them when they went on adventures with her... Caden found a log that would make a perfect seat. We all started putting the items they collected around the stump. Erin then started making the cross, and I started carving her acquired name "Monya" into the wood. We all thought it was a place she would love. The scenery is beautiful from this spot. We hope it stays there all year. We look forward to finding it next year. I know my mom would love being there through all the seasons. I also know that my mom is still having quite the celebration in heaven with her savior Jesus.