Sunday, October 12, 2008

ET Park

 

 

 

 

This weekend when we went to my dad's house, we went to the infamous park called ET Park. It is actually the park where they filmed some scenes from the movie ET. The kids just love this park. They love "the worm", hey call it. Today of all days, it was so incredibly clear. The park is located high up on the hills of Porter Ranch. When looking out from the park you can see about 145 degrees of the San Fernando Valley. Today it was so clear you could see downtown LA. It was beautiful. My dad and I took the kids for a little adveture up the hill. We admired the views. It was awesome. Ironically, the next day the Porter Ranch fires started. The kids and I watched the news. Wondering where Erin would be dispatched, if my dad would be evacuated and if ET park would survive the fire. Davin actually cried about "the worm". Praises to all the hard working firefighters, the fire was contained. When the kids and I went to visit my dad the follwing weekend we had to make a trip to ET park to see if it survived. "The worm" survived ! The upper portion and lower side of the park were destroyed. It is strange that we had just stood at the park a week before on such a beautiful day and on returning on another beautiful day, with charred mountain ranges surrounding.
Posted by Picasa