Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our last fishing trip for summer '08

Our last little get away was with Papa Doug. We went fishing for three nights. We went to San Clemente Island for two and then Catalina Island for one. The water was calm and absolutley beautiful. We scurried around looking for the right kelp patty that all the fish hid in. We caught White Sea Bass, Yellowtail, Bluefin Albacore, Durado, Halibut and Squid. We saw seals, whales, a sea turtle, a marlin, a sun fish, flying fish and a shark... Yikes. The best part of the trip was me catching a HUGE Black Sea Bass. My arms were burning form all the reeling in. Once we caught it we had to let it go because it is a protected fish. This was Slaters first trip... he did great ! Caden and Davin had a blast ! It became a little crazy on the boat once we started getting a lot of bites... Rods were in every direction with hooks going everywhere, while all the little ones saying "its my fish !" Kids will be kids. Overall it was a great time. I loved seeing the excitement on the kids face when the were reeling in a fish. I am so happy that the kids enjoy one of Erin and my passions.