Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So Happy I Turned 40 !


Jillian !! She is sneaky. The plan was to get together and go to lunch and go to a movie and possibly have enough time to get a pedicure. Well, the doorbell rang, and when I looked through the peek hole... I saw her in her bathrobe. I opened the door and my other girlfriend Amanda jumped out of the bushes and said SURPRISE I asked Amanda what she was doing there, she was supposed to be in Hawaii. She had just landed at the airport at 1am that morning (what a trooper Amanda). They told me to put on this mu-mu looking thing and said grab your bathing suit. I was excited because I knew we were on an adventure. I got to the car and it was completely decorated inside. They took me to Glen Ivy for the day. When we got there, they handed me a card, it was signed by Kathy, Kimmie, Tiffany, Jillian and Amanda. Thank you to all my great friends that contributed to my day at the spa... I was able to do everything and then some. THANK YOU to ALL !! We had a great time in the mud baths. I don't think I ever laughed so hard. Amanda just kept encouraging me to smear it every where... so I did... you only live once right? You only turn 40 once. Then we all did cannon balls to some sort in the pool. Good thing it was rather empty there. Upon entering they have posted to keep area relaxing and serene. Well... all I can say is we had a GREAT time ! We went into the sauna, where I literally think it was 400 degrees. We also went into the grotto, where we were painted simultaneously with a aloe kelp paste. We just giggled and giggled. The day ended with 180 minute massage. Upon exiting, they said they could page my girlfriends. My brain was in such a jello mode... I was unable to think of their names. I found them in the locker room getting dressed. They handed me a hair dryer and make up and said "get ready"! Jillian said we were headed to Pechanga, we headed back into Temecula and we ended up in a restaurant called Sho-gun, where a few of my girlfriends were waiting for me. I cried. It was hard for me to accept everything because I would rather give to people than receive. Jillian, how I have been blessed with such an incredible best friend ! She really did a lot and went above and beyond. She had even made candy bars made with my name on it and had a cake made that said "So Happy I Turned 40". I am so grateful for Jillian and Amanda, and all my friends that made my birthday so meaningful for me!! I love you all !!
(More pictures to come once I get them from Amanda)